Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Welcome to my ~Twinaries~ blog!

Wow so many changes in one week! So I have been doing a lot more sewing lately and decided it was time to build a blog for people looking to read about the art of sewing. My goal is to ultimately give out the knowledge that people need to empower themselves so they can sew, learn to sew or simply learn something new. My Etsy.com store ~Twinaries~ is just in the very beginning stages. I figured if I could spread the word about my shop, as well as the sewing/crafting knowledge I have, this blog might actually be an exciting adventure!

I seek your comments, and critique's as this blog evolves.I look forward to you sharing your ideas and visions with me. If you have questions or would like me to feature something of yours please let me know. If you have something you want to make but don't know where to start let me know and we can do it together VIA this very blog. I will always be sharing my tips and tricks, as well as other's tips (of course there will be links to their pages as well).

Before I go for the night I wanted to let you all know what the Support Teaching Kids to Sew is all about.
I am regularly grazing the craigslist ads and posting ads for broken or old sewing machines. I have even gotten a few with the freecycle program in my area. I fix them up and help teach kids, who cant afford a machine, to sew. This is a great program, and the Kids love it! Ill try to get some pictures of them soon!

I look forward to taking this journey with you! Welcome to my Blog!

2 comments:

  1. It's really nice to see someone who is interested in passing on the art of sewing. Not many people sew these days because they can usually purchase items cheaper or at least as cheap at the store. The one thing that they miss is the feeling of accomplishment that you get when you actually make something. Good luck with the shop and the blog.

    TheresaV
    chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted this but it is not showing up so I will try again. I think that it is wonderful for you to pass along your love of sewing. Most people just purchase everything at the store because it is easier. However, they miss the sense of accomplishment that you get from making your own things.

    Good luck with the blog and store.
    Theresa V
    chatterfromtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete